- about their arrival to America.
- the why and how they ended up in Baltimore, Maryland.
- who might be still living descendants of this mysterious family.
- and to locate the holder of a large wooden wheel with names and pictures of my Monath relatives and ancestors that was at the last of the Monath reunions (1974 or 1975) that were held at Big Pipe Creek in Taneytown, Maryland.
- according to the passenger list, the family arrived in the Port of New York on the ship, Orleans, dated 21 Jul 1852. My ggg grandparents signed as Christoph (age 50) and Dorothea (age 50). They brought with them three children - Christian (my gg grandfather who was 15), Dorothea (age 4), and one other name that is not clear (age 17). I am finding others but am not 100% certain how they connect.
- Christian married twice - wife #1 Marie Catharine Landgruber/Landgarber/Landgraber (I am named for her), and wife #2 Catherine Krentzer.
- ...that is enough for now.
I am on Facebook in a group specific to the Monaths.
Thank you, everyone!! I look forward to hearing from you.